Monday, May 23, 2011

Christian Giving

I shared this during a prayer meeting on 02Dec88.
As usual it's  Sunday Mass offering session and everybody started digging deep in their purses. When I looked into my purse, what I had were one RM50 and a few RM1 notes. Moment of hesitation which to pick.
Do you ever come across this scenario too? What is your choice? Take RM50 or RM1 note?
How about if you only have one RM50?
When I went home reading the Holy Bible, the message I read were as written below:-

2Corinthians 8:12
If you are eager to give,
God will accept your gift on the basis of what you have to give,
not on what you don't have.

2Corinthians 9:6-9
Remember that the person
who plants few seeds will have a small crop,
the one who plants many seeds will have a large crop.

Each one should give, then, as he has decided,
not with regret or out of a sense of duty;
for God loves the one who give gladly.
And God is able to give you more than you need,
so that you will always have all you need for yourselves
and more than enough for every good cause.

As the scripture says,
"He gives generously to the needy; his kindness lasts forever."

No comments:

Post a Comment