Thursday, June 2, 2011

God's Promise of Help and Healing

Isaiah  57: 14-19

The Lord says, "Let my people return to me.
Remove every obstacle from their path!
Build the road and make it ready!"

"I am the high and holy God, who lives forever.
I live in a high and holy place,
but I also live with people who are humble and repentant.,
so that I can restore their confidence and hope.

I gave my people life,
and I will not continue to accuse them or be angry with them forever.
I was angry with them because of their sin and greed,
and so I punished them and abandoned them.
But they were stubborn and kept on going their own way."

"I have seen how they acted,
but I will heal them.
I will lead them and help them,
and I will comfort those who mourn.
I offer peace to all, both near and far!
I will heal my people."

No comments:

Post a Comment